Art is Basic has moved!

Art is Basic has moved!
Visit my new blog location by clicking on the Art is Basic logo.

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Collographs-- 2nd grade





  
2nd grade Collographs:


We read about the art of Jasper Johns.
 

He used everyday, ordinary images and created art so people would view them in a new way.  We made a collograph printing plate using letters and numbers cut from foam, alphabet letters, cardboard and foam shapes.  Then we printed them on white paper.  For some of these, we glued colorful shapes on the paper before we printed.







9 comments:

Hope Hunter Knight said...

really like these!

Christie - Fine Lines said...

I really like the graphic quality of these. Did you have kids cut the foam letters and numbers or were they pre-cut??

Snippety Gibbet said...

Nice lesson, Marcia.

Mary said...

What a great interpretation of Jasper Johns. I love how unique each piece is. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Wow, great article, I really appreciate your thought process and having it explained properly, thank you!


cheap print

Marcia Beckett said...

Thanks! The large letters/numbers were cut from sheets of the printing foam. The little letters were the precut foam letters you can buy at a craft store.

Gwen said...

Fantastic...just that bit different and ssssssssssssssssoooo interesting to look at:)
xx

Rina said...

I love these prints! Really graphic and sophisticated. I think I will try with modify for 4th grade for the annual printing project.

Rina at new art blog k6art.com

Susan said...

Hi Marcia-
I just wanted to thank you for this post. I used your idea to lead my students through a similar process. (Resulting in printed stationary.) Here is the link if you'd like to see: http://wonderteacher.com/artfulgiftsprintedstationary/#more-685
Thanks for the inspiration! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails